Thursday, December 16, 2010

NY Jets Coach Tripping Opposing Player

Ok, so all the sports talk show hosts are all up in arms about this coach that tripped the gunner on the Dolphins. If you have no clue what I'm talking about you can see the story here: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Jets-coach-Sal-Alosi-s-devious-act-was-not-a-coi?urn=nfl-296526

 Anyway, the tripping part of this situation is obviously a problem. The guy had no business sticking his knee out to trip the guy. There could have been a serious injury due to his stupidity. However the part where he lines up the players right outside of the out of bounds marker to make the gunner run around the line of players I think is fucking brilliant. He wasn't breaking any rules so I don't see any issue there. If creating that wall gives his punt returner an extra half second that is awesome. That half second could be the difference between a 10 yard return or taking it to the house. If I had been able to have seen this set up prior to this whole tripping incident I would have given it serious thought myself and had my players do it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment